Strategic Vision for Expanded Access to Health Care
Our Roots Are 100 Years Deep, But Our Vision Is All About New Possibilities
When we plan for the needs of the community, we do so for only one reason, to better serve our community by providing better access to health care for all. In 2005, Washington Adventist Hospital announced its Vision for Expanded Access, a strategic vision that improves access to care by aligning the hospital’s resources and services to ensure it maximizes the delivery of care.
The Vision for Expanded Access includes seven key elements designed to enhance access to care for the community and provide improved health care facilities and services:
- Development of a Center on Health Disparities that combines clinical care, research and health careers training for historically under-served populations within the hospital’s service area.
- Working with various partners to expand available health care resources to under-served communities in Montgomery and Prince George’s counties.
- A commitment to provide uncompensated care at significant levels.
- Development of a health care center in the Long Branch community to improve access to care.
- Re-development of the hospital’s Board of Directors to better reflect the diversity of the community served by the hospital.
Relocate Washington Adventist Hospital to a new campus within the hospital's current service area which will enhance the hospital's ability to meet the needs of all residents.
- The hospital will retain the current Takoma Park campus as a Village of Education, Health and Well-being for health care services, health and wellness and education and research.
Our community trusts us as their caregivers and we consider them the heart and soul of our mission. That plain fact is the foundation of all our decisions. We have 100 proud years of serving our community, and a clear vision for the next 100 years. And that vision will guide us as we make decisions about the health care needs of our community.
Should you have more immediate questions or concerns please contact Robert Jepson at email@example.com.